Are you interested in Okauchee Lake’s historical ice dates? A lake resident collected ice dates since the 1970’s and shared them. What was the earliest date the lake iced over? How many winters can you recall when the lake was still iced over in April? Test your knowledge and find out by clicking on the “Reports” page!
Forms associated with the 2015 Chemical Aquatic Plant Control may be viewed by clicking on the “Reports” page.
The Spring 2015 Newsletter is available online. Click on “Reports” and scroll down to “Newsletters”. Happy Summer!
- Okauchee Lake is comprised of 1,210 acres with a maximum depth of 115 feet.
- Okauchee Lake has approximately 18 miles of shoreline.
- The Okauchee Lake Improvement Association incorporated in 1909 and later in the 1950’s became the Oconomowoc Civic Association. The Association collected $100 and spent it to remove stumps from the channels to protect motors.
- The Okauchee Lake Management District was formed in 1975.
- Okauchee Lake is fed by and drains to the Oconomowoc River. It is the third in a chain of lakes on the river with Freiss Lake and North Lake upstream and Oconomowoc Lake, Fowler Lake and Lac La Belle located downstream.
- In 1924 there were only two speed boats on the lake.
- A mail boat was put into operation on the lake in 1910 and ran until the 1950’s.